The Red, White, and Blue

Saturday, January 23, 2010



For the past year I've been trying to mix up the media I sketch with. I always use blue pencils but I figured instead of using lead pencils so much I'd experiment with red Prismacolor pencils. It's been nice mostly because Prismas glide much smoother and since they have wider leads it keeps me from getting too detailed--unless I draw bigger.

These were some random sketches from cartoonist studies from my sketchbook. At the last minute I decided to paint the last gal in Photoshop.

Posted by Adam Street at 8:20 AM  

2 comments:

i think that last painted sketch set the whole page off! i love seeing your work and i cant wait to get my hands on the greasy street sketchbook volume 2

Anonymous said...
7:45 PM  

Thanks G! Though I wasn't planning this from the start--nor is it anywhere near as cool--but it reminded of some Al Buell's paintings where he does the painted FG's with sketches in the BG.

http://www.webagora.com.br/0/abuell/pages/abuell18.htm

Adam Street said...
9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails