Artist Tips

Friday, January 07, 2011



I do a lot of reading and studying to ultimately be a better artist and a better person. To really utilize what I study I feel you should apply it immediately and teach it to someone. Well, applying it immediately has been the easy part, teaching it, not so much. One of my new goals for this year is to share more of the techniques or principles that I use with others.

I use a quote by Stephen Covey that governs everything I draw and/or color. "The most important thing, is keeping the most important thing, the most important thing." That may sound silly to some but what it means for me is to make sure the eye goes to where you want it to go. The people in the background or a glass on a table probably should not be as well lit as the main characters unless it is pertinent to the story.

Posted by Adam Street at 8:17 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails